Cattle Fencing Can I Use Poly Rope For My Electric Cattle Fence?

Can I use poly rope for my electric cattle fence? - cattle fencing

It would have been better to ask this question in the section on Agriculture (Science and Mathmatics). Those who answered your question, of course, do not know what is the poly-rope.

I am a small farmer, so I know what it is.

Cattle are very friendly electricity. Poly rope can be entirely good for them. But poly rope has a big disadvantage. If you live in an area that gets a lot of wind, constant wind, or live even moderately, I suggest you use the poly rope.

The constant action of wind does affect the polyethylene rope and rotate. It may break the thin metal fibers embedded in the cord over time. Although only a matter of days, if the "right" on the spot to get too much wind. Following is the son that fastened the plastic rope to keep cattle in.

On the positive side, the polyester rope chain, very light, and make "repairs". You can connect with each other when it breaks for the repair. It is also very visible, which is great for the animals.

Ihave used some goats and horses. I replaced most of the high voltage power supply yet, because I live in an area of strong winds and constant.

Garnet ~
Homesteading / Farming over 20 years

PS Poly rope also collects snow, and breaks under the weight of the snow if you live in an area of the precipitate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment